Embark on a journey that will redefine your career in the tech industry
We're excited to announce that the Makers Fellowship application process is now open! Our mission is to incubate and catalyze young talent across LATAM, transforming them into future leaders in the tech industry. Community, training, young founder training, and internships are the four main pillars on which our program is based.
To join our amazing community, submit an application between April 10 and May 28.
The Four Pillars of the Makers Fellowship
1. Community: We carefully select community members based on their potential, performance, and cultural fit. If you're eager to pay it forward, committed to continuous learning, and genuinely interested in seeing others thrive, this community is perfect for you. Our network will be instrumental in advancing your career or boosting the success of your startup.
2. Training: We provide a comprehensive mindset and set of hard and soft skills that ensure success at technology startups and in building your own business. Our training equips you with the knowledge and expertise to excel in the tech industry. We organize both IRL (in real life) and URL (online) events featuring top founders, investors, and operators from LATAM and Silicon Valley.
Past guests have included Daniel Bilbao (founder of Truora), Bianca Sassoon (MP at 17Sigma), Fernando Rivera (Buentrip Ventures), Auke van Deutekom (CGO of uDocz), Jacob Peters (Commsor and House Capital), and Danielle Strachmann (Cofounder of Thiel Fellowship and 1517 Venture Fund), among many others. And believe us, we are just getting started.
3. Young Founder Training (for founders):Founders receive mentorship from top founders, VCs, and experienced executives, as well as dedicated support from a Startup Catalyst. These Catalysts have either worked at successful startups, built their own companies, or raised funds from top accelerators across the region. Their previous experience and learnings can help you save you significant time, effort, and money.
4. Internships at Top Startups (depending on individual cases): We will give you access to our 20+ startup partners across different industries to apply for an internship or analyst position.
We offer three different fellowship tracks tailored to suit your unique situation and interests:
1. Business Fellows: For individuals with backgrounds in various business-related fields, from Industrial Engineering, Marketing, or even Graphic Design. Bear in mind that this does not depend on what degree you’re studying but on the interest and skills you have developed. For example, are you passionate about Marketing and studied Philosophy? That’s perfect, don’t let this define what you could work on.
2. Coding Fellows: For those with technical backgrounds, ranging from self-taught web developers to recent data science graduates.
3. Founder Fellows: For LATAM-based tech startup founders, open to all industries and business models.
Our program is open to anyone aged 18-24 for Business and Coding Fellows, and those younger than 25 for Founder Fellows. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds, regardless of education, race, individual differences or upbringing. In our community, all we're looking for is a willingness to support others and a commitment to continuous learning in order to thrive.
Why Join the Makers Fellowship? By joining our community, you'll gain access to an extensive network of accomplished professionals, founders, and mentors. You'll also have the opportunity to collaborate with organizations like START Fellowship, Sigma Squared Society, ZFellows and Gen Z Fellowship.
Visit our website to determine which fellowship tracksuits you best and click "Apply." Complete a form with a few questions about yourself, and then follow the subsequent steps, which may vary depending on your chosen track. For more details, check out our homepage and the individual role pages.
Tips for a Great Application:
- Be concise and clear in your communication.
- Provide necessary details without unnecessary embellishments.
Don't miss this incredible opportunity to join the Makers Fellowship and be part of the next generation of tech leaders in LATAM! Apply now, and take your first step towards a bright future in the tech industry! Together, we'll redefine what's possible and create a lasting impact on the world of technology.
Remember, the Makers Fellowship is completely free!
Andrés Bilbao (cofounder of Rappi) and Camila Zancanella (Investor at B2Founders and Ex-Rappi) created the Makers Fellowship as the program they wished existed when starting their careers. Now, they're building a community to empower the next generation of tech leaders in LATAM.
The Makers Fellowship is run by a dedicated team of over 10 passionate individuals committed to fostering a community that thrives on collaboration and continuous learning.